• Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a 30% tax on any income from the transfer of virtual digital assets, a first for the nation.
She also said that the digital rupee would most likely be issued in 2022-23, which is the first time the Indian government has given a timeline to launch a central bank digital currency.
• Solana’s SOL jumped 17% in the past 24 hours to regain the $100 and above level after Coinbase listed two other tokens of the Solana ecosystem.
• The Senate Banking Committee has slated a February 15 hearing entitled “Examining the President’s Working Group on Financial Markets Report on Stablecoins.
• Phantom, a crypto wallet for accessing the Solana ecosystem, has raised $109 million in a Series B funding round and is now valued at $1.2 billion.
• Coinbase announced on Monday that it would bring Shopify’s CEO and co-founder onto its board.
• Binance has amassed around $1 billion for an insurance fund, created as a buffer against the impact of a potential hack.
• The governor of the Central Bank of Jordan recently said his institution is studying the possibility of launching a legal digital currency, one that will be linked with its national currency. He also suggested that cryptocurrency trading might eventually be allowed in Jordan once the necessary legislation has been implemented.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**