• One of the most popular bridges linking the ethereum and solana blockchains lost more than $320 million Wednesday afternoon in an apparent hack.
• Prices of Solana’s SOL token dipped below the $100 mark after attackers took advantage of an exploit on Wormhole, a popular bridge between the Solana and Ethereum networks. Bridges are tools that transfer native assets and data between two separate blockchains.
• After tipping off its plans for the metaverse in a Web 3 job posting last October, GameStop is partnering with Immutable X to launch its NFT marketplace.
• Hearings on stablecoins before both the House and Senate in the next two weeks are scheduled to feature just one witness: The Treasury official spearheading recent work on stablecoins.
• Pixel Vault, a decentralized crypto media group, announced Thursday that it raised $100 million in funding from the venture capital firms Velvet Sea Ventures and 01A.
• Leading exchanges, polled by the Russian press, have indicated they are not afraid of the upcoming strict crypto regulations. A requirement for coin trading platforms to establish a local office is one of the proposals in a regulatory roadmap drafted by the government in Moscow.
• The Chinese government has established 15 pilot zones and 164 entities for blockchain projects. “Projects will be carried out in various fields such as manufacturing, energy, government and tax services, law, education, health, trade and finance, and cross border finance.”
• Canada-based Purpose Bitcoin ETF attracted over $38 million worth of Bitcoin this Tuesday, its third-largest daily inflow to date.
• The Philadelphia city government is enthusiastic about exploring a partnership with CityCoins to help boost its treasury with cryptocurrency.
• With Winter Storm Landon expected to hit parts of Texas this week, major crypto mining firms are powering down in anticipation of high demands on the state’s power grid.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**