• The Russian government has published a document setting out the principles for regulating cryptocurrencies. The document says Russians own over 12 million cryptocurrency accounts and about 2 trillion rubles ($26.7 billion) worth of crypto. It says the country ranks third in the world in bitcoin mining,
• Developers behind popular meme coin Shiba Inu said the protocol would soon offer plots of virtual lands in an upcoming yet-unnamed metaverse, causing prices of ecosystem tokens like SHIB and LEASH to jump as much as 40%.
• Federal officials seized some $3.6 billion worth of bitcoin tied to the 2016 hack of the crypto exchange Bitfinex.
• Alchemy, the crypto infrastructure company powering a wide range of Defi applications and NFT platforms, has nabbed a $10.2 billion valuation in a funding round that added $200 million to its coffers.
• Saudi Arabia’s King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre recently became one of the country’s early adopters of blockchain technology after implementing a “digital credentialing solution.”
• On February 8, the subsidiary of Animoca Brands and the decentralized gaming virtual world project, The Sandbox, announced the company has partnered with the French video game company Ubisoft. According to the announcement, Ubisoft will have its land in the virtual metaverse, and the world will begin by featuring voxelized versions of Rabbids’ characters.
• Apple announced plans to launch Tap to Pay for its iPhone, a new feature that effectively turns the smartphone into a point-of-sale device for businesses and merchants. Apple Pay users will technically use iPhone’s Tap to Pay feature to make crypto payments across mainstream merchants and businesses.
• JPMorgan’s long-term theoretical target for Bitcoin stands at $150,000, up from $146,000 forecasted in January 2021.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**