• Bitcoin donations to the Ukrainian army are soaring after Moscow launched a large-scale offensive against Ukraine.
• Flexpool, the world’s fifth-largest Ethereum mining pool, became possibly the first of its ilk to cut services to Russian users following the country’s invasion of Ukraine.
• The Department of Justice said Thursday that Arthur Hayes and Benjamin Delo, co-founders of the crypto derivatives exchange BitMEX, have pleaded guilty to violating the US Bank Secrecy Act.
• An automatic liquidation of $500 million in ether (ETH) could occur on-chain if its price falls below $2,100, causing a Maker vault holder’s position to become under-collateralized and putting further downward pressure on the second-biggest cryptocurrency.
• China announced powers to jail those found guilty of raising funds via token sales as it expands its crackdown on crypto.
• Elwood Technologies, the crypto-focused technology firm owned by hedge fund heavyweight Alan Howard, announced a “strategic integration” on Thursday with Bloomberg.
• Crypto exchange FTX has appointed beauty entrepreneur Lauren Remington Platt as its head of global luxury partnerships, a newly-created position.
• According to recent filings with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Monster Energy has four pending trademark applications related to the NFTs and metaverse realms.
• The Central Bank of Argentina is reportedly working on a new group of regulations seeking to control the totality of the digital wallets in the country.
• Ankara University has become Turkey’s first higher education institution to organize a course on NFTs.
• The U.S. Secret Service has launched a cryptocurrency awareness hub. The new platform “will feature the latest in the agency’s work combating illicit use of digital assets as well as provide public awareness information on digital asset security and how to ensure it remains secure.”
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**