• A firm that tracks cryptocurrency transactions says $33.8 million in digital currency has been donated to Ukraine’s government and non-governmental organizations since the start of Russia’s invasion, nearly a third of it on Tuesday.
• The U.K.’s Advertising Standards Authority banned ads for meme-based crypto named after Elon Musk’s Shiba Inu dog, saying they were “irresponsible.”
• Bitcoin miners brought in $1.06 billion in revenues during February 2022, according to data compiled by The Block Research.
Most of these revenues came from the block subsidy ($1.05 billion) and only a small portion from transaction fees ($12.92 million).
• Legislative language that appeared poised to bar proof-of-work tokens from the EU is gone from a bill set for votes in the coming weeks.
• Polkadot founder Gavin Wood has followed through on his promise to donate $5 million to Ukraine to support its efforts in its war with Russia.
• Mobile network operator MTN recently staked claim to its status as one of the first South African companies to enter the metaverse. It purchased 144 plots of digital land in the virtual world Ubuntuland for an undisclosed amount.
• Colorado is slated to become the first US state to accept tax payments in cryptocurrency, a move the governor’s office has described as the “next logical step on the path to digital statehood.”
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**