• Trading in NFTs hit $17.6 billion last year, reflecting an eye-watering 21,000% surge from 2020′s total of $82 million.
• The regulatory arm of the United Arab Emirates’s special economic zone, the Dubai International Financial Centre, has unveiled a consultation paper outlining its proposed regulatory regime for crypto tokens.
• Dubai unveiled a new agency tasked with virtual asset regulation on Wednesday as its leadership looks to solidify the city’s position in the emerging global digital economy.
• The European Commission confirmed it would extend the remit of its sanctions against Russia and Belarus in light of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, adding details on the classification of crypto assets.
• The National Bank of Romania has greenlighted an acquisition in the blockchain industry, authorizing the blockchain startup Elrond to acquire a payment processing platform.
• Yoon Suk-yeol, a conservative South Korean presidential candidate, has prevailed in that country’s national election.
• Tokens of prominent South Korean project ICON surged as much as 70% in the past 24 hours after the election of Yoon Suk-yeol as the country’s president.
• StarkWare, an Ethereum Layer 2 developer who uses ZK5ly4follup technology for scaling, reportedly raises funds at a $6 billion valuation.
• The crypto industry breathed a sigh of relief Wednesday as U.S. President Joe Biden finally unveiled his hotly anticipated executive order on crypto.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**