• Bitcoin-friendly mayors Francis Suarez of Miami and Eric Adams of New York City view blockchain technology to increase equality and diversity in their respective cities and disrupt authoritarian regimes.
• HSBC is the latest corporate giant to enter the metaverse through a partnership with The Sandbox.
• Coinbase revealed new details about its planned derivatives business.
• Kazakhstan’s Financial Monitoring Agency reported on its overall work to bring the local mining industry to heel. Among its most striking figures is that the agency seized more than 67,000 pieces of equipment worth some $190 million and opened 25 criminal cases.
• The Financial Conduct Authority, the UK’s financial regulatory body, is seeking to build a digital assets department according to a job listing posted on LinkedIn.
• Cryptocurrency exchange Binance has announced that it has received a full license from the Central Bank of Bahrain.
• U.S. Senator Cory Booker sees cryptocurrency as “an exciting innovation with the potential to bring growth to the American economy if properly nurtured and regulated.”
• Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has revealed that its video and photo-sharing application, Instagram, is preparing to add NFTs to the platform.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**