• Eqonex, the parent of crypto custodian Digivault, has appointed Jonathan Farnell as its new CEO. Farnell is the former head of cryptocurrency exchange Binance’s U.K. operations.
• DeFi lending platform Aave has announced the launch of the third version of its protocol, promising more security, decentralization, and capital efficiency for users.
• Kenyans are believed to have lost as much as $120 million to cryptocurrency scammers in the last financial year, a government official has said.
• President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has signed the law “On Virtual Assets,” which aims to regulate the crypto market in Ukraine. The approval comes as his country increasingly relies on cryptocurrency donations to fund its defense and deal with humanitarian problems amid an ongoing Russian invasion.
• The U.S. Justice Department has seized bitcoin stolen from an elderly man in a government imposter scam and will be returning the cryptocurrency to him.
• The Bank of Canada has partnered with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to work on a 12-month research project focused on designing a Central Bank Digital Currency.
• Cryptocurrency exchange Binance announced on Wednesday that it had been granted a license to operate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The company’s presence in the Middle East has been building up lately, with a crypto service provider license in another Gulf market, Bahrain, coming in earlier this week.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**