• Yuga Labs, the owner of three of the biggest NFT brands on the market, has raised $450 million in funding at a $4 billion valuation. The team behind Bored Ape Yacht Club plans to use the money to build a media empire around NFTs, starting with games and its own metaverse project.
• Cryptocurrency lender Nexo established a venture arm with $150 million for Web 3 projects and acquisitions.
• Thailand’s Security and Exchange Commission said on Wednesday that it would ban the use of crypto as a means of payment.
• El Salvador has postponed its planned $1 billion bitcoin bond offering due to unfavorable market conditions.
• Credit Kudos, a UK open banking startup that helps lenders make better decisions, has been acquired by US tech giant Apple.
• Florida’s governor has plans to enable the state to accept bitcoin for tax payments.
• The NFL will now allow teams to seek sponsorships with blockchain companies, but wider restrictions regarding cryptocurrencies that can be exchanged for merchandise or experiences remain.
• New York state lawmakers will discuss a bill proposing a two-year moratorium on proof-of-work crypto mining.
• The international governing body of association football, FIFA, announced the exchange Crypto.com would be an official sponsor of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 tournament.
• The Paris Saint-Germain FC, a soccer club in Europe, has taken its first steps to build an online presence in the metaverse. The club has filed a series of trademark applications to register its name to offer several services, including software, memorabilia, and articles linked to NFTs for authentication purposes.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**