• US government prosecutors have charged two men with fraud and money laundering over a cryptocurrency “rug pull” scheme. Ethan Nguyen and Andre Llacuna allegedly earned around $1.1 million by selling NFTs based on cartoon-like characters called “Frosties.
• One of the largest banks in Israel, Bank Leumi, will start to offer crypto trading through its digital platform Pepper Invest.
• Former European soccer icon David Beckham has been named global brand ambassador for DigitalBits Blockchain, an open-source blockchain on which any asset can be tokenized, including NFTs, sports teams, and other brands.
• One week after leading a $4.5 million seed investment in Ultiverse, Binance’s venture arm is betting another $5 million on the metaverse gaming startup.
• Popstar Madonna has acquired a Bored Ape NFT valued at more than half a million dollars.
• The Bank of England said the risks to financial stability from cryptocurrencies and Defi are small, reflecting their limited size and interconnectedness with the wider financial system.
• The space-age play-to-earn game, Moon Metaverse, recently completed a successful private land sale and released its much-anticipated astronomical globe for sale.
• South Korean tech giant LG Electronics has officially added blockchain and cryptocurrency as new business areas in its corporate charter.
• Exxon Mobil Corporation is reportedly participating in a pilot program that leverages excess natural gas to power crypto mining machines, according to a recent report quoting people familiar with the matter.
• Meta Inc., formerly Facebook, has filed eight trademark applications relating to a wide range of crypto services and the metaverse. They include cryptocurrencies, crypto trading, blockchain software, crypto wallets, and crypto exchanges.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**