• The Indian Finance Bill 2022 with new 30% crypto tax rules was approved by Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian parliament, to make it a law today that will come into effect starting on April 1.
• Washington state Governor Jay Inslee has signed a bill into law today that aims to expand the state’s adoption of blockchain technology across various financial and industrial sectors
• Visa announced the official launch of the Visa Creator Program, a one-year product strategy and mentorship program for entrepreneurs working in art, music, fashion, and film who seek to accelerate their small business through nonfungible tokens, or NFTs.
• Developers behind popular meme cryptocurrency Shiba Inu have unveiled details of their virtual reality project “SHIB: The Metaverse,” announcing 100,595 land plots, some of which will remain private.
• Crypto exchange Blockchain.com reached a $14 billion valuation in a funding round led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, with “major participation” from Baille Gifford & Co,
• Interoperability protocol LayerZero raised $135 million in a Series A+ round led by Sequoia Capital, a16z, and FTX Ventures. The Canada-based company was valued at $1 billion.
• At least 35 NFTs have been stolen due to a widespread phishing attack involving hacked Twitter accounts, according to data from blockchain analytics company Elliptic.
• A major cryptocurrency exchange in the UAE, Bitoasis, has obtained provisional approval from Dubai’s new cryptocurrency regulator. Binance and FTX have also been green-lighted by the regulator.
• Gumi Cryptos Capital announced the blockchain-focused venture capital firm’s second fund to invest $110 million in early-stage blockchain startups. The second fund follows GCC’s initial $21 million funds that backed seed stage founders.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**