• U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says it’s time for the U.S. to create its own central bank digital currency.
• The Discord server of Bored Ape Yacht Club — the largest NFT collection by market cap — was compromised today, the team confirmed in a Twitter post.
• Congressional Democrats invited Jack Dorsey, the founder of Block (formerly Square) and Twitter, to talk about bitcoin.
• Binance announced Thursday that it has partnered with the Recording Academy, the organization behind the Grammy Awards, to become its first official crypto exchange partner.
• Amaze, the no-code e-commerce platform, announced a partnership with leading blockchain development firm EverX to bring innovative NFT technology to merchants.
• Citi has predicted that the total market for the metaverse economy could grow to between $8 trillion and $13 trillion by 2030. In addition, the global bank expects that the number of metaverse users could be as many as five billion.
• Authorities in Japan are planning to introduce tougher new rules for crypto operators to prevent Russia from using cryptocurrencies to evade sanctions. The legislative initiative comes after Tokyo asked digital asset exchanges to strengthen transaction monitoring this month.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**