• Boba Network, an Ethereum Layer 2 scaling project that utilizes optimistic rollups, has raised $45 million in Series A funding at a $1.5 billion valuation.
• The publicly-traded company MicroStrategy has acquired an additional 4,167 BTC worth around $190.5 million.
• Ledger has unveiled the latest version of its crypto hardware wallet called the Ledger Nano S Plus, which, among other new features, prioritizes the needs of NFT collectors.
• Marathon Digital Holdings plans to relocate its mining machines away from a site in Hardin, Mont., that is powered by coal.
• The metaverse, despite all the interest from venture capital and the world’s major brands, is struggling to attract users, and token prices have begun to reflect this. Tokens for the three major metaverse protocols, Decentraland, Axie Infinity, and The Sandbox, are all down year-to-date and significantly underperforming bitcoin.
• Sky Mavis, the firm behind hit play-to-earn game Axie Infinity, raised a $150 million round led by Binance to reimburse user funds lost in the $625 million Ronin attack.
• In a recently released white paper, a Japanese NFT taskforce has asked the government to consider appointing a government minister whose job would be to oversee all matters relating to Web3.
• Authorities in Abkhazia have decided to ban cryptocurrency mining in the territory. The partially recognized republic in the South Caucasus restricts the energy-intensive extraction of digital currencies, citing problems with power supply.
• Adidas announced on Tuesday the company is collaborating with Ready Player Me, a cross-game avatar platform for the metaverse. Adidas and Ready Player Me will launch a personality-based AI-generated avatar creation platform featuring the Adidas Originals’ Ozworld shoe collection.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**