• Robinhood Markets announced it had activated its crypto wallet for 2 million “eligible” customers, making digital asset transfers broadly possible in the long-firewalled investments app.
• Mobile payment app Strike has partnered with Shopify, alternative payment provider Blackhawk Network, and point-of-sale supplier NCR to create a new US payment system that allows merchants to receive payments in dollars after people pay with crypto quickly.
• Ex-Blockstream chief strategy officer Samson Mow brought three guests on stage at Bitcoin 2022 to update bitcoin adoption plans in their various countries. However, no government official announced making bitcoin nationwide legal tender at the conference like El Salvador’s Nayib Bukele did last year.
• The Luna Foundation Guard, a Singapore-based nonprofit building reserves for the stablecoin Terra, announced that it would buy $100 million worth of AVAX tokens from the Avalanche foundation to augment its reserves.
• Frax, an algorithmic stablecoin protocol, is mulling the idea of buying billions of dollars worth of native tokens of major blockchains to use as reserve collateral for its stablecoin.
• Payments app Cash App, operated by Block, enables customers to receive their compensation in bitcoin.
• Kraken has shut down its global headquarters, citing that San Francisco is not safe.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**