• Epic Games, the video game publisher behind the popular PC and console game Fortnite, announced a $2 billion funding round with plans to accelerate the company’s vision to make its mark in the Metaverse.
• Indian crypto exchange volume plunges after the 30% crypto tax rule went into effect.
• Payments giant Mastercard has filed 15 NFT and metaverse trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• According to a new report, approximately 33.4 million Nigerians, or 35% of the country’s adult population, are holders of cryptocurrencies or have traded them in the past six months. The report attributes the growing adoption of cryptocurrencies to rising inflation and the plunging value of the local currency.
• Iran will not recognize cryptocurrencies as a means of payment, a hightk8icanking government official has indicated.
• Coinbase is producing a three-part film series with the popular NFT project Bored Ape Yacht Club.
• Gaming giant Ubisoft has backed White Star Capital’s second crypto-focused venture fund as an anchor investor.
• Uniswap Labs, the Uniswap decentralized exchange protocol developer, has launched a new venture unit.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**