• The National Securities Commission, which is the Argentinian securities watchdog, recently launched an innovation hub with the goal of advancing conversations about cryptocurrency and fintech investments.
• Russia’s recently revised bill “On Digital Currency” limits crypto purchases for non-qualified investors while providing legal ground for some cryptocurrency payments, according to local media. The draft law, proposed by the Russian finance ministry, also introduces strict requirements for platforms operating with digital assets.
• Fidelity Investments, one of the largest financial services firms with more than $11 trillion under administration, is launching ETFs focusing on the crypto ecosystem and the metaverse.
• After releasing the first Amazon shareholder letter since taking over Jeff Bezos’ role as CEO in July of 2021, Andy Jassy says that the international online retail platform Amazon could potentially sell NFTs in the future.
• US president Joe Biden has said he plans to nominate Michael Barr, former Ripple advisor, to be the Federal Reserve’s next vice chair of supervision.
• Beanstalk, a credit-focused stablecoin protocol built on Ethereum, was exploited Sunday morning, with the attacker obtaining more than $80 million.
• Crypto lender Nexo said it is working with Mastercard to offer a crypto-backed payment card.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**