• Donations made to political parties using cryptocurrencies will be banned in Ireland under new political integrity laws drafted due to concerns around foreign interference in politics.
• The freshly launched Ethereum-based “Moonbirds” NFT project is soaring to the top of the trade volume charts after generating $290 million worth of sales in just four days.
• Blockchain-based gaming company The Sandbox is reportedly raising $400 million at a $4 billion valuation from both new and existing investors.
• Several U.S. government organizations jointly warned of the threat posed by cryptocurrency thefts and tactics used by the North Korean state-sponsored group known as Lazarus Group.
• Iran has drafted new rules to increase penalties for illegal cryptocurrency mining in the country, including additional fines and imprisonment. “Any use of subsidized electricity intended for households, industrial, agricultural, and commercial subscribers for mining cryptocurrency is prohibited.”
• Cryptocurrency exchange Blockchain.com is interviewing banks for an initial public offering, which could take place as early as this year,
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**