• Square Enix, the Japanese gaming company, is pressing on with its vision of integrating blockchain elements into its games.
• Coinbase has launched a Web3 social marketplace for NFTs in beta. In addition, the exchange noted that for a limited time, there will be no Coinbase transaction fees.
• The International Monetary Fund is encouraging global policymakers to develop standards for crypto in response to growing concerns highlighted by the war in Ukraine.
• Connext, a blockchain interoperability protocol that enables developers to build cross-chain applications, has unveiled a native token called NEXT as it plans to convert into a decentralized autonomous organization.
• The US Treasury has sanctioned Russia crypto miners which is its first time sanctioning crypto miners.
• Spruce, a startup that developed a toolkit for decentralized identity, has raised $34 million in a Series A round led by a16z.
• Binance.US, the American arm of the world’s largest crypto exchange by trading volume, is leaving noted crypto lobbying group Blockchain Association after less than two years due to a difference in “values, goals and standards.”
• Goldman Sachs put out a report saying Apple and Meta are leading in the development of Metaverse technology.
• Despite the early fumbles of the VR market, there’s enough new momentum in the sector to spin-up a new $50 million fund to invest in VR opportunities alongside the metaverse.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**