• US sanctions imposed on Russia over the country’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine could hamper the growth of its multibillion-dollar crypto sector.
• Following the latest round of EU restrictions against Russia, digital asset exchange Binance is limiting services to Russian clients. The company pledged to lead the industry in implementing the sanctions and urged all major trading platforms to follow.
• A South African university has said starting this year it will issue blockchain-based certificates to students graduating from the learning institution. University administrators argued that a blockchain-based certification system will help prevent fraud and end the production of fake documents.
• LimeWire has raised $10.4 million in a private token sale led by Kraken Ventures, Arrington Capital and GSR as it builds its platform for music-focused NFTs.
• Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase is reportedly in talks to buy Turkish exchange BtcTurk as it seeks to ramp up its presence in developing economies.
• Kadena, a proof of work (POW) blockchain, today announced a $100 million grant program funded by its treasury to support web3 development.
• Tron will have its own native stablecoin called USDD from May 5.
• Blockchain startup Aptos Labs has partnered with Google Cloud in a move that will allow companies and developers to build more easily on its network.
• Changpeng “CZ” Zhao, CEO of the Binance crypto exchange, said his team was able to seize $5.8 million from North Korean hackers who last month stole $600 million from the Axie Infinity play-to-earn game.
** CoinMarketCap Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**