**__ Diplomatt’s Daily Digest – May 26, 2022__**
Good morning and happy Thursday, everyone! I will be traveling for a wedding today, so there will be no Friday or Monday posts. Although, if anything big pops off, I will try my best to send out an alert for it. It looks like the futures markets is a bit mixed as the market resists to the continued trend into bear territory. First-quarter earnings for the market as a whole have been largely in line with historical trends, there have been dramatic pullbacks for some major stocks after earnings reports as investors look for the impact of inflation and slowing economic growth. There are some earnings on deck for today with Macy’s, Dollar Tree and Dollar General reporting earnings. Additionaly, investors will get an updated look at weekly jobless claims today.
Quote of the week: „You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.“ – Marcus Aurelius
• Health officials are saying that monkeypox does not pose a covid-style risk despite its rapid spread.
• Nvidia beat analyst expectations for sales and earnings, but the stock dropped more than 10% in extended trading at one point after the chipmaker gave a light forecast for the current quarter. Nvidia will slow down its hiring pace and control expenses as the company deals with a challenging macroeconomic environment.
• Federal Reserve officials earlier this month stressed the need to raise interest rates quickly and possibly more than markets anticipate to tackle a burgeoning inflation problem.
• Apple announced that it will raise pay for corporate and retail workers later this year. The move comes during a historically tight labor market in the U.S. and as employees contend with increased inflation and cost of living.
• A new filing reveals that Elon Musk plans to front $33.5 billion in his bid to take over Twitter.
•Jack Dorsey has stepped down from the Twitter board of directors.
**StockTwits Top 10 Trending Tickers of the Day:**