• GALA, the eponymous token for Gala Games, surged 20% in the last 24 hours, outpacing other Metaverse majors as well as Meta’s stock.
• Russia’s central bank and government are seemingly no closer to an agreement on the regulation of cryptocurrencies. A sign of how wide the spread between their positions remains even after a document last week set out plans to legitimize the asset class.
• Coinbase Global (COIN), the largest U.S. cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, will hire up to 2,000 people in 2022. It seeks to take advantage of opportunities to develop Web 3 and other areas.
• A rare CryptoPunk sold for 8,000 ETH ($23.7 million) on February 12, making it the highest-selling CryptoPunk to date.
• According to a new report published by blockchain analytics firm Chainalysis on Monday, approximately 74%, or over $400 million USD, of ransomware revenue last year were funneled into highwqlwcisk wallet addresses that are likely to have been based in Russia.
• Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has invoked the Emergencies Act, which gives him the power to freeze Freedom Convoy protesters’ bank accounts and monitor “large and suspicious transactions,” including crypto.
• Cere Network and Polygon launched an NFT marketplace and Web3 platform called Davinci, a project that aims to bolster the security behind NFT data. The platform is described as an “all-in-one Web3 media platform” that leverages Cere’s decentralized data cloud (DDC) platform and the proof-of-stake blockchain network Polygon.
**Top 10 Trending Cryptos:**